These terms and conditions apply to the Sarn Helen Sportive.
It is a condition of entry into the Sarn Helen Sportive event that,
1. By entering the event you acknowledge it is a test of your physical stamina and your capacity to complete the route you have chosen to ride. You must consider yourself fit to participate and complete the event. If you have any doubts about your health or have any known medical conditions you should consult and obtain a doctors approval before entering and participating in the Sarn Helen Sportive event. The Sarn Helen Sportive event is designed and intended to be physically challenging and a level of good basic fitness will be required by entrants in order to complete even the shortest route.
2. You acknowledge that participation in the Sarn Helen Sportive event is at your own risk and that the organisers cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of your participation. You will observe the highway code and the direction of appointed event marshals and officials at all times while participating in the Sarn Helen Sportive event.
3. If you are unable to ride the Sarn Helen Sportive for any reason, no refund can be offered. You can however give your place to another rider. It is the entrants responsibility to inform us of this transfer. The cut off date for this transfer will be 7 days before the Sarn Helen Sportive event.
4. Any riders under the age of eighteen must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst the entrant under 18 is participating in the route. No entrants under the age of 14 will be allowed without the express consent of the organisers being granted. In addition a Parental Consent Form must be completed and returned to the organisers for each entrant under the age of eighteen.
5. An approved cycle helmet, conforming to CE standards EN1078 (or better), is worn at all times whilst riding during the Sarn Helen Sportive event. As encouraged under British Cycling Guidelines for Non-competitive Events.
6. You will be supplied with a number which should be clearly displayed on your bike or person.
7. All participants will be covered by British Cycling third party insurance for the duration of the event, the cost of which is included in the entry fee.
8. Riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own bicycle. The use of triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions are not permitted in our events for safety reasons.
9. All riders are recommended to carry drink bottles, snack food, basic tools, at least one replacement inner tube and suitable wet weather clothing. We also advise that riders carry ID and a small amount of money. A mobile phone is also worth carrying in the event of an emergency, although various locations on the routes might have poor signal reception.
10. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate, to be aware of your fellow cyclists and most importantly other road users. The event is being held on a public highway where the rights of and responsibilities to other road users apply.
11. Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are forbidden. You may, however, receive support from a stationary vehicle which is legally parked and does not impede riders or other traffic.
12. Detailed route information and maps will be available on line, but navigation during the event will be your own responsibility.
13. There will be signage at most junctions and marshalls at major junctions to assist with directions. However the organisers offer no warranty that these signs will not be obstructed, removed, vandalized or interfered with in anyway. Therefore the organiser strongly recommends participants carry the route instructions that will available for the event.
14. Food and drink will be provided at the designated feeding stations, but we cannot guarantee supplies, and please be mindful of those following behind.
15. On completion of the event, you must check in at the finish HQ at the Virgin Active Glamorgan Club (SA10 6GZ).
16. The event will take place regardless of weather conditions and only be cancelled or the routes modified if in the opinion of the police or the event organisers an entrants reasonable safety is at risk. If the event is cancelled or if you are unable to ride the event there will be no refund of entry fees.